Salon Punk Shop
How to keep your stylists
The Secrets of how to keep your stylists happy and reduce staff problems in your salon
Without a doubt one of the most frequently asked questions from the salon owners like you is...
"how to keep my stylists from leaving my salon?"
It took me years of working out how to keep the stylists and how to keep them happy. In the end, I managed to not only keep my best stylists for 7plus years, but I also kept them happy. Happy stylists create a great vibe in your salon, but importantly they help your shop bring more money at the end of the week, so everybody is happy! As a response, I created this manual years ago that I had almost forgotten about until now. The information is priceless if you want to uncover the real secrets to keeping the stylists and keeping them happy and you want to find out those secrets right now without wasting years of trial and error.
As a response to many salon owners questions about the staff and how to keep them, I created this manual years ago that I had almost forgotten about until now. The information is priceless if you want to uncover the real secrets to keeping the stylists and keeping them happy and you want to find out those secrets right now without wasting years of trial and error.
The content has been left intact in the original format.
Here are some of the contents from the table of content you will discover:
- Staff the secret to keeping them happy.
- Welcome to the world of the employer
- Is there an answer to this ongoing problem we have with stylists?
- First step is this… DON’T PANIC we can put this right
- Losing control
- Is there a solution? Yes
- Being in business can be easy… or can it?
- … “ I either slave for the salon or the salon slaves for me ”
- How are you going to achieve this?
- The Big Picture… do it now
- Now here is the secret to it all...
- 1. START… .
- 2. FOLLOW DIRECTIONS
- 3. STOP NOW AND AGAIN AND REALIGN YOUR SELF
- Know your big picture and get rid of losers… I did and it works
- How to give them the directions
- How to tell them what to do from day one
- Here are some of my experienced based tips for you that I have had to learn the hard way
- Alex Ferguson… heard of him. Well he manages a Football team called Manchester United… ☺
- Leadership…who will they follow
- ALEXANDER THE GREAT CONQUERED MOST OF THE KNOWN WORLD BEFORE HE WAS THIRTY. HE ALSO DIED YOUNG
- HIGH TURNOVER, LOW MORALE AND DECREASING MARKET SHARE ARE NATURAL SIDE EFFECTS
- I OFTEN WONDER ABOUT THE 'MARY POPPINS EFFECT'. MARY POPPINS, IF YOU REMEMBER, COULD CHANGE THINGS SIMPLY BY BEING THERE
- UNLESS OWNERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT ARE TRULY WILLING TO CHANGE AND IMPROVE, THE 'MARY POPPINS EFFECT' LEAVES WHEN I DO
- VISION, TRUST, AND FOCUS ARE EXAMPLES ARE ALL FACETS OF LEADERSHIP YET DO NOT PROVIDE A TRUE ANSWER. EVERY OWNER AND MANAGER MUST ASK THE QUESTION
- 'WHAT CAN I DO TO INSPIRE MY PEOPLE?'
- Team building… building up not tearing down
- GET THEM TO COME IN 20 MINS EARLIER BEFORE OPENING
- SO YOU ONLY LOSE 30 MINS MAX FROM THE APPOINTMENT BOOK
- On a busy day it was hopeless so he decided we were working like amateurs and stopped colouring and was planning on moving
- I didn’t want to lose her so solution… she could start at 9:20 am and finish 20 mins later at the end of the day
- BY THE WAY, LETS NOT FORGET THIS… SOME STYLISTS YOU WILL NEVER PLEASE… JUST LET THEM GO THEY ARE MORE TROUBLE THAN ITS WORTH
- By the way, it felt great telling that stylist… bye, bye ☺☺☺☺☺
- JUST GET A PIECE OF PAPER IF YOU HAVE TO WRITE ALL YOUR TEAM PLAYERS NAMES ON IT. I PUT ON THE FOLLOWING SCORES
- I now employ a full time manager… she is brilliant.
- GROW THE TEAM NOW.
- Wow that feels great.
- KEY INDICATORS… CRUCIAL FOR SUCCESS
- Client volume…20-30-50 do you know?
- Average bill… clients divided by takings mmmmmm.
- Technical work…colours and perms
- Retail sales…selling lanza, Paul Mitchell anything.
- So back to growing the growing the team and the salon…
- NO RETURN FROM YOUR STAFF.
- “KEEP SCORE AND DO MORE” THAT IS WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN ON THE TOP OF MY SALON SCORE SHEETS AS YOU SAW EARLIER ON THE SCANNED SHEET
- Do you measure thing now? Course you do. Here are some things you might be doing…
- … But do you know what your staffs are doing
- TROUBLEMAKERS… GET RID OF THEM, NOW.
- Top stylists… THE TIGERS… big cats really.
- Wages… will only not be an issue if they have another source of income.
- As a tip here you need to know this is what I do
- Job or a career…which is it
- Things that can make careers an issue are the following,
- Here are a few reminders to consider for your team
- OH, AND BY THE WAY, HAVE YOU CHECKED YOUR CAREER PLAN LATELY? THOSE ONE TO ONES.
- The Interview.
- And Finally...
- Now I am giving you our resource list and you will find some great tips and help here also so use them. If you find other sites out there that you feel may be useful to me and other salon owners well … send them in ☺
Don't wait, order today and start transforming your team and stylists now
For a limited time, we are giving away the manual at virtually no cost, pay only £1 today, grab it now!
Alan Forrest Smith